The NFAFA is the strongest direct action/lobbying organization working at the state and federal level to ease restrictions on the ownership, manufacture, sale, and use of items regulated by the National Firearms Act (NFA).
- Introduce and enact "Shall Certify" legislation in the remaining 43 states, where it is not yet law.
- Identify states where NFA items are illegal and "defense to prosecution" (DTP) is the only protection for NFA owners.
- Work to repeal and replace "DTP" with statutes that affirmatively protect ownership of NFA weapons.
- Identify states that do not allow hunting with suppressors and enact legislation to allow such activities.
- Remove state-level prohibitions against the possession of NFA items.
- Work closely with the ATF's NFA Branch to improve the forms approval process, including optimizing the "e-filing" system.
- Work closely with the ATF's NFA Branch to expedite the Form 3 process.
- Work with the U.S. Congress to eventually eliminate the Form 3 process.
- Work with the U.S. Congres to eventually eliminate CLEO certification.
- Work with Congress to repeal the "Hughes Amendment".
- Work with Congress to remove silencers, short-barreled rifles, and short-barreled shotguns from NFA regulatory control.